Friday, November 10, 2006

dude, you were in germany far too long...

My husband hates riding the bus. He has been biking but due to a blow out on the commute home, he has had to ride the bus for the past 2 days. Now, I agree that the bus isn't always great - it's late, early or full more often than it is on time - but seeing as though I hate driving more, I put up with it. I also (and here is where he spent too much time in Germany with their strict adherence to schedules) expect it to be late. I don't even bother checking the schedule. My husband, god bless him, will religiously check the schedule and try to be there right at that precise moment in time. He is then deeply, personally offended when the bus doesn't show up. Which of course it won't. It never does. IT'S THE BUS.

2 comments:

eM said...

It's a different world over there when it comes to transit. I'm used to taking Amtrak and when we went over and took trains through the Netherlands, Germany and the Czech Republic, it was amazing.

I looked at our itinerary and told my husband that this HAS to be some sort of error. We have to get off one train and be on another in 4 minutes. WTF? Amtrak has been late by half a day. 4 minutes???? And it worked! Amazing!

dawn said...

4 minutes. Damn. I have got to move to Europe...