Into the future....
So, really, what is time like to a child? I watch my 4 year old and here him say things like "Mama, I just can't wait that long!!!" and understand it, yet I am not sure I REALLY remember what it was like. It is really kind of sad that we don't have the grown up equivalent to waiting for Christmas. You really do lose something.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am actually GLAD that I no longer have that "OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT ONE SECOND LONGER" urgency that I did as a child. I always felt like I was going to scream and yell and explode in those forever-seconds while I was waiting for something. Let's just say that I was a WEE bit ADHD.....
Yeah, but I miss feeling that excited by something - anything. And something that FUN. You really shouldn't get that excited about getting a new appliance, but damn if that isn't the closest I have come lately...
Hey Dawn, before I forget...I just thought you should know that on saturday when I asked sebastian what he would like to watch on tv, he replied "Pimp my ride!".
Are they showing that on OPB now? :)
Nice. I am so proud right now. I want everyone to know that in addition to Pimp My Ride some of Sebastian's favorite shows are Victory Garden and Mr. Rogers.
Just out of curiosity, how does one explain the verb "pimp" to a child? Just in case he, like, asks me the next time I babysit......
Dawn, don't you remember, "I'm just going to have one more cup of coffee," quothe mom and/or dad. Ugh. We just knew it was going to be at least a half hour to an hour for that one damn cup.
Ah yes, the fabled last cup of coffee. Second only to the hated phrase "Go ahead and get started, I'll come and join you in a minute."
Post a Comment