Tuesday, April 26, 2005

read me maybe...

Nina Bangs-
Wicked Nights: Ok, it's a vampire romance. Now, those of you who know how I feel about sci-fi romances can imagine how I feel about vampire or paranormal romances. Come-the-fuck on. I don't mind the author. I don't love the book. But I am also not chucking it out the window. I still haven't figured out why because when you get right down to it, I fucking hate everything about the plot - suspension of disblief beyond belief thanks to vampires, demons, goddesses, plants that get off on sex, wizards and about anything else your mind can come up with. But I still read it. Damn. How sad is that. In any case, I guess I can cut to the chase and say, if you are looking to see what a paranormal romance is all about without the ick factor, try this.

2 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

PLants that get off on sex, eh? I THOUGHT my jade plant was coming onto me the other night, the little minx......

Lisa said...

OK, the plant thing. that is just weird. I may have to read this book just for that.

I agree on the vampire/undead romance thing. Just can't get into it. Especially those ones where the undead male has to go sleep in the earth for like 24 hours and has to take the normal female with him. Gee-how romantic. Could I really go lay in dirt and watch you sleep?