Tuesday, April 05, 2005

read me not - woof, this book is bad...

Girls Night In- Sweet baby Jesus. I just don't have the words to describe how horrible this book is. It is a compilation from what feels like 60 really lame authors. Actually, I will be fair and describe this book the way my husband describes Milwaukee Architecture - some of the crappiest buildings by some of the best architects. Now, while I can't say that the authors in the book are the BEST authors of women's fiction (I haven't read all of them and those that I have I am iffy at best on), they are definitely some of the worst stories I have read all nicely compiled into one handy book to stay the hell away from. And give the damn thing a new, non-misleading title! I am hoping for something sexy and expecting romantic, uplifting or at least silly and disarming stories about women and relationships. What I get is disturbing at best. Alarming at worst. And downright unreadable some of the time. **sigh** What a waste of a good library hold...

No comments: