Why? What makes me think I have lived here too long? Well, between my husband, Mr. Recycle-the-tiny-plastic-containers-my-contacts-come-in, and this crazy, hippy, crunchy granola green town, I am attempting to ditch my shampoo. And my noxious face cleansers. AT THE SAME TIME.
It must be the guilt over the fact that I wear more than just Birkenstocks. Or maybe it's the allure of having great hair without having to use 8 styling products in addition to hairdryers and curling irons. Or maybe winter has just gotten to me and I need to do something new. Whatever it is, I am going for it.
Thanks to this blog post I came across the other day, I am inspired. I am on day 3 of no shampoo and I have to admit that my hair is much softer and feels healthier. As for the styling end of things? It's amazing what a pony tail can achieve. I'll keep you posted...
The other thing that intrigued me was the whole Oil Cleansing thing. I can't stand having anything on my face and the thought of deliberately putting oil on it makes my skin crawl in a most unnerving way but if it means I can ditch using products that I had to stop using while pregnant, well, maybe I should stop using them on principle even when I am happily non-gestating.
It goes without saying that my sister thinks I am nuts. At best she is cautiously optimistic for me but more than happy to let me be the guinea pig. After all, she has only been here 3 years. It will be interesting to see what she comes up with to try after 7 more here....
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't think you're nuts exactly, but will let you test this whacky concept out. the word skeptical comes to mind...
I am going to go with "cautiously optimistic" for my own outlook. So far (day 4 hair), so good...
This sister thinks your NUTS!
oh yeah... some big company still has to use machinery,large equipment, gas or diesel to produce the other products, I say use the stupid shampoo.
Ok my husband is making me enter this next comment....for once in his life, he is on the same page as you regarding the hair... he no longer uses shampoo either, yep, shaved bald. Suggested you should do the same and no more shampoo worries.
We shall see...
A week into this I have found that my hair is no worse off than before and feels healthier at the ends. My biggest complaint so far is that it has proven to me I am in desparate need of a hair cut.
Post a Comment