Well, as it was pointed out to me last year, I have seasonal allergies in the winter as well as the fall. This year I discovered just what it is that I am allergic to. My fresh cut Christmas tree.
Yup. The tree. I can't begin to tell you how heartbreaking that is. Especially since, after YEARS of painful trial and error in ways to obtain a tree, I finally found the perfect place. Right across from my favorite coffee shop is a tree lot. After gorging ourselves on pastries we simply walked across the street and had a tree picked out in 10 minutes. They shook it (my brother-in-law has a delightful story about the year they brought a family of mice in inside the tree), wrapped it and we tossed it easily on the car. At last! A Christmas tradition!
24 hours later I couldn't breath out of my nose. Oh well, that's what my left over nasal spray is for. Some day I will succumb to an after Christmas sale of a pre-lit artificial tree and when that day comes I am going for the most deliciously kitchy, fake tree I can find. Until then you'll hear me snoring like a freight train during the holidays...
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment