Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ode to baking soda

It's not just for baking cookies anymore. Or even cleaning my stove. Currently it's what's cleaning my hair.

Per the instructions I came across online, I have been using 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 cup of water on my hair in the shower to clean it. I have been doing that every other day followed by a solution of apple cider vinegar of the same proportions.

Results? I am still in the transitional phase. Normally my hair is nasty on the 2nd day of not showering. I feel like the grease starts at the top and slowly flows down my head all day. Not pleasant. I am hanging in there though. I am dreaming of hair that is naturally shiny and not frizzy which are some of the claims from woman who have decided to go down this road.

Week 1. No better, no worse from no shampoo.

No comments: