I read the article and if they are so embarrassed to be an American then maybe they should not come back to the land of free and the home of the brave. Just because we elected a black president does not mean all of our problems will be solved! I am not someone who travels out of the country but if you are not proud to be an American then do not come back, statments like that just piss me off! You live in a great country be proud!
You have to admit that George W. Bush has pretty much put the country into the crapper. Somehow the people who run this great nation (and yes, I am proud of my country), squandered the 9-11 world wide goodwill, have run the nation into the largest national debt EVER (even after being handed a balance-friggin-budget), taken us into a war as useless as Vietnam with no end in sight AND we are in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.
Hell yeah I am excited to see a change in leadership. One that uses words like "Hope" instead of "Fear". No our problems won't be solved instantly but I actually believe that we can find a solution which is something I haven't believed for 8 years and for that, I am FUCKING THRILLED!
Being proud of America should never excuse us from trying to better ourselves; we may be the greatest country in the world, but we still have a plethora of problems that need to be addressed. And we are a very young country, after all; it would behoove us to understand our elders....and let's face it, our elders are africa and the middle east. The fact that we think we can "fix" a society that is thousands of years old is pathetic, especially when we can't even feed our own people, or provide adequate healthcare. Being an American is not a rest on your laurels god-given right; it is a full-time job...something that we have to work at every day, from the smallest instance of compassion, to the broad strokes of foreign policy.
4 comments:
I guess time will tell....
I read the article and if they are so embarrassed to be an American then maybe they should not come back to the land of free and the home of the brave. Just because we elected a black president does not mean all of our problems will be solved! I am not someone who travels out of the country but if you are not proud to be an American then do not come back, statments like that just piss me off! You live in a great country be proud!
You have to admit that George W. Bush has pretty much put the country into the crapper. Somehow the people who run this great nation (and yes, I am proud of my country), squandered the 9-11 world wide goodwill, have run the nation into the largest national debt EVER (even after being handed a balance-friggin-budget), taken us into a war as useless as Vietnam with no end in sight AND we are in the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.
Hell yeah I am excited to see a change in leadership. One that uses words like "Hope" instead of "Fear". No our problems won't be solved instantly but I actually believe that we can find a solution which is something I haven't believed for 8 years and for that, I am FUCKING THRILLED!
Being proud of America should never excuse us from trying to better ourselves; we may be the greatest country in the world, but we still have a plethora of problems that need to be addressed. And we are a very young country, after all; it would behoove us to understand our elders....and let's face it, our elders are africa and the middle east. The fact that we think we can "fix" a society that is thousands of years old is pathetic, especially when we can't even feed our own people, or provide adequate healthcare.
Being an American is not a rest on your laurels god-given right; it is a full-time job...something that we have to work at every day, from the smallest instance of compassion, to the broad strokes of foreign policy.
Post a Comment