Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i used to shop where???

Today I have compounded the fact that I have 4 kids at home (thank you, Veteran's Day) by going through old receipts. A whole SLEW of them. More or less 15 years worth and I know this because I found the receipt for my wedding ring.

On the up side, the hotel receipts from Oslo and Paris where nice to find. On the down side, they were a looooooooooong time ago. I also realized that I used to shop at Pier One. Not that there is anything wrong with Pier One, but honestly, I haven't stepped foot in one for nearly a decade which, on this rainy, kid-filled day I find fascinating... Apparently my old love for Pier One has been supplanted by my new love for IKEA. Is it the Swedish influence? The lack of Kirstie Alley in any commercials? My guess would be the free hour of daycare coupled with on site coffee...

No comments: