Can-O-Rama 2008 happened whether I wanted it to or not. I just finished 3 nights of canning 4 - 5 gallon buckets of apples from my and my sister's apple trees. As I was coring them on night 1, I kept trying to figure out why I was going to all the work. Cause seriously, it's some work. Really it came down to the apples being free, me being cheap, and my daughter only eating fruit in the form of applesauce. How does one make and can applesauce? So glad you asked!
Wash. Wash. Wash.
Cook, cook, cook.
Hello, food mill. Where have you been all winter?
Ooooooo, the scary canner!
Voila! Behold the quarts.
And Martha Stewart can kiss my ass cause I am just warming up. Next, berry jam. And if I am really ambitious, after that will be the other staple in my family - pickles. God save my from my Iowa upbringing...
3 comments:
I grew up in Iowa, still live in Iowa and you will probably never catch me canning...I would not even know where to start....
How did I get the cheap thing?!?! Is it because I am a stay at home mom??? EEEEEEEK!
Well that does not mean that I am not cheap.... you just got the Martha Stewart gene that only a few family members poses.
Post a Comment