Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ok, i'll admit it, my grocery bill is a little out of control...

So I have been sucked in to my local newspaper's grocery bill challenge articles that have been running in the Food section. I am resolving to do better. I WILL lower my food bill (so I don't have to give up my wine) and I am trying to be more sustainable and healthy about what my family eats. But do I really have to go this far to do it?

Geez. I am already ridiculed by my family because my son didn't know what a pop tart was at age 4. I get crap for canning applesauce. Can you IMAGINE what it would be like to own up to making my own butter and yogurt?

I applaud the mom for doing it. But my liquor store bill would sky rocket to compensate for all the time making my own EVERYTHING ELSE.

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

That crazy chick doesnt eat soy? WTF?

dawn said...

SHE MAKES HER OWN KEFIR. Most people don't even know what that shit is.

Lisa said...

BULLSHIT it doesn't take any more time. Maybe if you are a stay home parent with ONE kid, you could do that, but bullshit anyway. you can't milk the cow, churn butter, then wash your hair again b/c it got all nasty from the cow milking any faster than I can run to the store.