The "firsts" in your child's life are always exciting. First tooth. First step. First word. Today, I had another first. The first time my son flashed me the bird. At Sunday brunch. Complete with a shit-eatin'-is-she-going-to-catch-this grin.
Oh man, this is where parenting REALLY begins to suck. My first reaction was more of a high five that I quickly supressed for the true parental "Dude, you really shouldn't have done that." Long after the lecture I find myself thinking just how NOT far away from other really big firsts I am. First time buying deodorant. First talk about girlfriends. First talk about sex. Somehow it has me longing for the days of the more innocent first solid food...
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think we can blame Devin for that one.
You know, at first I just assumed he learned it on the playground. But now that you mention it, he did fly it all sly and shit kind of like Devin...
I am going to have to follow up with him on just what he thinks it means - if he did learn it from Devin he might think it's a term of endearment...
That's what I'm afraid of.
Think of all the times we've been sitting at the dinner table with y'all, and Devin flashes somebody the bird.
That is funny! My 8 year old wanted to know if tall man was a bad finger. I said could be. She said what did tall man do to be a bad finger. The one time in my life I was lost for words or quick thinking....
Poor Tall Man!!! He didn't do anything wrong! Gets blamed for everything!
I am laughing out loud, by the way.
oh shit...and it is so totally Devin's fault.
Tonight we stepped up the "S" word. She asked me if I knew any words in German, I said yes. She said can you say the "S" word, I said sure. Then I thought for a moment and asked... what is the "S" word, she said in a very soft voice..... sex. The "S" word has gone from shut up or stupid to sex. Too funny!
I think the "s" word is still stupid here cause shut up is the "s-h" word. Damn is clearly still used and far beyond just being the "d" word but happily the "f" word is reduced to hand gestures that double as a way of saying that you care. Thanks to Devin.
Post a Comment