Wednesday, April 02, 2008

child vs kid

As I am driving to the airport with my 2 kids to get my husband, this is the conversation I end up having with the 7 yr old...

me (vaguely annoyed): Hey, you kids be careful back there.

7 yr old: Charlotte's not a kid. She's a child.

me (now intrigued instead of merely annoyed): Really? What are the ages for a kid vs a child?

7 yr old: A child is 1-4. A kid is 5-20. And anybody older is an adult.

me (impressed that he has clearly given this some thought): Well, all right then.

2 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Holy fuck, I laughed out loud at that.

Jege (Jen) said...

Remember "Raising Arizona"? I can't hear the words "well, all right then" without thinking of that and chuckling.
Also, I am haunted by the scene where Nic Cage and John Goodman are fighting, and the Planters Cheese Balls have spilled all over the floor, and they keep stepping on them, crunching them into the carpet.