Monday, December 04, 2006

nap(py) hair


So, I knew there would be differences between raising boys and girls, but this hair thing is a lot more difficult than I would have imagined. I thought it was just going to be a pain to do something, what I naively imagined would be one thing, to her hair every day. But no, I get to deal with it every time she gets up from sleeping.

Yes, this beast on the back of her head is nap hair. Tamed only by water and some patient combing, it lies dormant till the next time the back of her head touches something for a prolonged period of time.

6 comments:

eM said...

Hmmm, so I guess I shouldn't complain that Ellie-monster has almost no hair, huh? It sticks up when she's near our static-electricity-loving couch, but otherwise, all 30-40 hairs just sit there, being super blonde and hard to see by the nake eye.

dawn said...

Oh yes. Everything is a trade off...

Lisa said...

Kate's hair is the same way, but it mostly started getting really ratty after she switched to a big girl bed with a pillow. Now she will brush her own hair when it is all "waatee". Once when I was leaving for work, she looks at me and says, "Oh Mommy, you hair is all waatee! You need bwush i." NICE! Dissed by a 3 year old.

Lisa said...

even with the ratty hair, that little Charlotte is freakin cute!

dawn said...

Oh great, so it only gets worse as they get older... I am still amazed that when she gets up her head is twice its usual size.

And yeah, she is a cutie.

dawn said...

You have to send me a picture of Nick with the bat wings. That's too good...