Wednesday, December 20, 2006

ah, technology...

So, I am home and trying desparately to catch up on some things in the office while the baby is napping and the 6 yr old is sick on the couch watching tapes. I am frantically emailing, mailing, calling, filing, cleaning cause I know my time is limited. VERY limited and every precious second needs to used as if it was the last I am to get for days.

That said, I am trying to nail down the menu for our Christmas dinner and keep nagging my husband for what he wants. I really don't care what it is I have to cook as long as I don't have to make the decision (and I think anyone ever been called "mom" understands this phenomanon), hence it's his deal. I email him with the New Season's website info on what's available to order. I remind him today is the last day for anything special. I wait for the reply. Finally I have to call him about something else and in that phone call, I ask him if he has decided.

His answer? I emailed you back my reply.

(pause)

My answer: But I haven't gotten it yet.

(pause)

My answer: Couldn't you just tell me?

(pause)

His answer: **sigh** I was thinking something like roast or brisket.

My answer in my head: Was that so damn hard to spit out without me waiting god knows how long for a reply??????

My answer: Sounds good. How many pounds?

He wanted me to wait for his reply, people! I was on the phone with him and yet expected to wait for the email. Am I the only one this seemed silly to???

2 comments:

eM said...

The whole cooking without having to decide what to make--is that a mom thing? Because I totally feel that way too sometimes. Like just f'ing tell me and I'll do it, but I just don't want to deal with coming up with something.

A wise one, you are. If Elliott ever gets hair, I'll be contacting you for detangling tips :)

dawn said...

It's gotta be a mom thing. Certainly didn't feel that way before kids....