Thursday, October 05, 2006

i'll take the poo poo platter with a side of wipes

As we head in to the vast world that is solid food, it becomes more and more apparent to me why I am going to love, love, love the flushable diapers. Anyone who has experienced the stench and green vapor trail of a toddler's poo-filled dipe knows where this is going. For a purely breastfed child, the flushable diaper is a pain in the ass. (ba dum bum) The poo is runny and it surely isn't going to stay on the flushable part when on the child, let alone in transit to the toilet. Once at the toilet, it gets worse. You are expected to try to rip the sucker open, over the toilet, without getting any on yourself, the toilet or the floor. A veritable olympic sport not to be attempted by amateurs or the faint of heart. But I digress.

Now, as we enter the world of thicker and smellier substances in my precious angel's diaper, I am completely on board with flushing it out of my house as quickly as possible. No need for it to linger in the diaper genie, thank you very much. Now, if it also helps to potty train said angel with out all the angst, sturm und drang I went through with her brother? WORTH EVERY FRIGGIN' DIME.

No comments: