Friday, October 21, 2005

Baby B vs "the Parasite"

We are the few, the proud, the ones who like to annoy family members by not finding out the sex of the baby before birth. This means we need an in-utero name. You simply can't go around for 9(10) months calling it "fetus." Especially not when you are cursing it a 2 am for kicking and not letting you sleep.

The first time around we had Poindexter. Born out of the fact that both my husband and I were geeks and therefore destined to sire a geek. This time we need something a 5 yr old can also use and we have come up with a few but nothing quite fits the way Poindexter did. Our names so far include: Baby "B" (Sebastian having been Baby "A"), Baron von Zygote or the Baron (thanks to Jege) and as I was laying in the hospital waiting for relief from my spinal headaches I decided "the Parasite" was appropriate.

Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

How about a nice, geeky Star Trek name? Whorf? Data?

Jege (Jen) said...

Wait!!! I've got it!! An Autocad name! How about Autolisp? Defpoints?

Jege (Jen) said...

How about...... "DANISH THUNDER" ?

I am on a ROLL, baby!

Lisa said...

How about something to aspire to -
to get out of geekdom even though undoubtedly you are doomed anyway... Sorry Eric... -
Angel
Princess
Buttercup
(we know you are hoping for a girl)
or maybe The Spare

Defpoints, however, does have a nice ring to it.

Jege (Jen) said...

The SPARE!!!!! We have a winner!!!
Lisa, you are ON today, girl!

dawn said...

Oooh, I like the Spare too. Although I gotta admit, Danish Thunder had me for a while even though Thor seems so much more powerful and concise...

dawn said...

I also have to admit that Defpoints is still making me laugh.

Lisa said...

So, what has stuck for a fetal name?

dawn said...

Around Sebastian and grandparents we stick to Baby B but after hours anything goes... Usually something more in the parasite range.