Tuesday, October 18, 2005

ah, the boca's...

My dear friend Mary Kay became my maternity fairy godmother last week when she sent me a care package consisting of a box of maternity clothes from Old Navy. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Now, in this package was a track suit. Black, appropriately enough for anyone who knows my wardrobe, but also velour.

Yes, velour.

Not a velour fan. Really. At all. I had every intention of taking them back for a nice pair of low rise jeans and a sweater. Wasn't even paying attention to her pleas that it was reported to be THE single most comfortable maternity item on the planet. Why? See my post on ugly clothes, add in my extreme distaste for velour and realize my issue. Then reality struck in the form of a cerclage. A simple stitch around my cervix has single-handedly caused more uproar in my household the last 5 days the likes of which I haven't lived since I first brought a newborn home and tried my hand (or should I say breast) at nursing.

In any case, I am here to eat crow. With lots of garlic salt (did I mention I am pregnant?). I will wear that velour track suit - lovingly nicknamed my "Boca Raton's" - with pride and probably inside out thanks to MK's handy suggestion for maximum comfort, and thank my maternity god mother for every comfortable second my ass spends on the couch in my inevitable bed rest.

Bless you, MK. You were right.

2 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

You WEAR those bocas, girl!!!

dawn said...

Nothing like the feel of velour on stretch marks.... oh yeah....