Thursday, September 01, 2005

calling all saturday night live lovers...

I was getting ready for bed last night and couldn't get this out of my head...

Neighbor's dog barking
Do he bite?
Kill my land lord. Kill my land lord.

Was that Eddie Murphy doing poetry on Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood or am I completely off my rocker???

4 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

It was eddie murphy, and it was on SNL, but he was playing a black poet named tyrone green. I may have a video or sound clip of it...let me dig for it.

Oh, and at the end he said:

"C-I-L-L my landlord"

dawn said...

Kudos to Jen for digging this up. Here it is in its entirety...


Images
by Tyrone Green

Dark and lonely on a summer's night.

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

Watchdog barking. Do he bite?

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

Slip in his window. Break his neck.

Then his house I start to wreck.

Got no reason. What the heck?

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

C-I-L my land lord!

dawn said...

God Eddie Murphy was good... Mr. White. Buckwheat. Little Richard Simmons. And one of my personal favorites, his black power riff on how whites took over the idea of peanut butter from a black inventor.

Lisa said...

BRILLIANT, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.
God I love poetry.