Wednesday, June 18, 2008

raising kids is a lot like playing poker...

To quote: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em." Some times you get lucky and things go really well. Sometimes you get dealt crap and have to roll with the punches.

Well, let's just say that I am losing my shirt this week this week to the kids. It's the first full week of summer vacation and they are totally cleaning me out of patience, humor and basic human kindness. I can't schedule enough playdates to both keep my son happy and tired, and for the life of me I can't get my daughter to lay down in her crib to get the sleep she so desperately needs. Come snack time I am snarling, surly and my very last nerve is *this close* to reaching out and grabbing the next person who whines.

But I am slowly learning their tells. And I will win. I have to - they are only 7 and 2 now, I'll be screwed completely by the time 17 and 12 roll around if I don't...

No comments: