Friday, May 23, 2008

when does one have too much sour cream???

I am a stay at home mom. My job is to keep the food stocked, the house clean and the kids alive. This weekend, however, and EVERY holiday weekend, it's the "food stocked" thing that gets me. Technically, I have sour cream, salsa, chips, beans, fruit, veggies, cheese, beer and pretty much every piece of food you could grill but fish. But still, at some point my husband will look blankly at me and say these dreaded words. "Are we really out of [insert random food item i.e pickles]?"

"Yup."

"How is that possible?"

"Well, you see, you EAT food..."

And then the conversation descends into name calling and ridicule. Some day I will either learn to be psychic enough to know exactly how much of any given item to purchase to make it through till the next scheduled grocery run, or I will have tunneled out as much storage as your average Costco so I can stockpile anything my family throws my way.

No comments: