Friday, May 16, 2008

well shit.

And I do mean that literally. And yes, it involves the 2 yr old.

So, it's been hot here lately and while I personally am LOVING EVERY MINUTE, my family is not. Most especially not my daughter who is just like her father and simply can not sleep in a temperature greater that 70 degrees. It has made for a crap ass nap yesterday. A crap ass night of sleep last night and, literally, a crap ass sleep today.

I went in to check and make sure she was finally asleep -after a morning out in the heat playing in the pool, girlfriend should have been o-u-t. Nope. And to add insult to injury, she's had a dirty diaper. To ratchet the dirty diaper up a notch, she's smearing poo on herself with her hands.

"I got my stinky diaper, mama."

Yes, yes you do.

One quick shower and a bedding change later, she is back in her crib and I don't care if the Almighty himself comes down to say hello, she ain't getting out of the crib till 2:45. Can I get an Amen?!

2 comments:

Karla said...

You need a GIANT fan to blow on her to keep her cool... try it... it works. Yep have done it, plus gives that great "white noise" she will not be hearing shit!

dawn said...

Everytime I bring the fan in she is NOT happy. But she always sleeps better with that running and the windows and doors closed. Some day I will have ceiling fans in the upstairs bedrooms. Some day...