Friday, May 02, 2008

um, you going to (re)read that?



So, as I am sweeping this afternoon(Friday = clean the floors), I realize two things about my house.
One: We are overrun by dust bunnies. I sweep at least once a week and at least once a week I am astounded at the sheer amount of them floating ahead of my broom.
Two: We are equally overrun by old magazines. Are we really going to read these again? Honestly, is my husband EVER going to smack his head and exclaim in utter delight that YES! he needs desparately to see that issue of Architectural Record from 1995 with that article on the advent of Green Architecture and how it will never take off because it's all about the design?
Make no mistake, I am equally guilty. I really don't think there is any chance I am going to pull out a Bon Appetit from a 10 years ago just to see what strikes my fancy in the recipes. Or decide to take a stroll down memory lane and see who was number one on Entertainment Weekly's It list of 2000? But I am getting better about letting go. Now I just have to convince the rest of my family like my son who has Lego Magazines from back before he learned to read...

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Surely you have seen my vast collection of nat'l geographics from 1986 to present?

Karla said...

OMG!!!! Move that will take care of that problem! All old recycled, ok so some my husband did not even know I recycled. What he does not know will NEVER hurt him.

dawn said...

Oh man, never a truer statement: I need to take my policy of only cleaning out the fridge when E isn't home to new levels. Clean out EVERYTHINg when he isn't home...