Monday, December 10, 2007

tis the season...

"Jingle Bells. Batman smells. Robin pooped a gun. He shot a tree and made it pee..."

And it was at that point that I stopped my son. I guess they continue to "improve" that old song...

Also in my holiday ramblings, it is the best of times, it is the worst of times living with Al Gore during the Christmas season. For the first time in 4 years, I have lights up outside. Conversely, thanks to my husband, Mr. I-Can't-Wait-For-That-Low-Energy-Future, my christmas tree lights get turned off if I am not in the room more that 5 minutes. Seriously. I am quite surprised they aren't on a motion sensor. He claims that if no one is in the room, why have them on. I have learned my lesson that apparently next year I need to put the Christmas tree in the kitchen where I tend to spend most of my day. Then I can enjoy them AND keep them on longer than 5 minutes at a crack.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Couple of options for you....
Spend the money on the LED lights.
Put your tree on wheels so you can wheel it to every room you are in.
Tell your hubby, bah hum bug on him!

Karla said...

OH, I have heard: jingle bells Batman smells Robin played ballet. It has changed in the many years we would sing that very song our mother would tell us to stop!

dawn said...

A tree on wheels! I LOVE IT!!!!

And what is the version with Shotgun Shells? Anyone remember it?

Lisa said...

come on, I want to hear the rest of the new and improved version of jingle bells. that old song SUCKS and any improvment will be WELCOME!