Sunday, March 11, 2007

wet vs. dry: the cold war

So, my sister has just moved to the Pacific Northwest (wet) from the Midwest (dry) and she has been COLD every since she got here. Let me remind everyone that here, right now, it has been in the 50's while in Iowa, when she left, it was in the single digits. It brought back the same old, age old argument of which is colder, a damp cold or a dry, ridiculously cold. Really, for me it breaks down this way...

Here is it that damp cold that seeps into your bones and god forbid you don't have enough layers on, cause once you get cold you could walk into a sauna and still be cold for 40 minutes.

There it is a biting cold that stings your face, takes your breath away literally and steals the moisture from every inch of your skin. Woe to the younger sibling who keeps getting shocked via static electricity by the older one.

As for which one is worse? Let the debate begin again...

3 comments:

Karla said...

Wet is always bad! Plus that shitty misty rain crap! I hate that the worst of all rains! just freakin rain!

Is it the heat or the humidity?

dawn said...

Oh man, I KNEW someone was going to bring up heat vs humidity...

I take wet - even though I do lament not doing the static electricity wars- and I take humid. Mmmmm...moisture....

Jege (Jen) said...

But the summers in Portland....no humidity. HEAVEN!!!!