Not surprisingly, most of my good blog ideas come after a glass (or three) of something alcoholic. The problem with this is, my husband tries to turn off the computer (and unplug every un-used appliance) as soon as possible in the evening. Again, not surprisingly, I forget what I wanted to blog by 9am the next morning after getting my son to school and having the all important second cup of coffee. Why does he want to turn off the computer? I blame Al Gore.
Ok, I don't blame him, but it definitely was after watching An Inconvenient Truth (which you should see if you haven't) that he got even more wiggy about the environment and more stringent on his need to make my house very cold and dark in the evenings. Quite frankly, next winter I expect to be bundled entirely in wool with a single candle for light.
Which is why my husband is now known around the house as "Al." And boy does he hate it.
**I believe this link got cut off on my comment so I am adding it to my original post.**
http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/carboncalculator/
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I wish I knew what radio station he listened to because I would call and send a request to Eric and the song would be "you can call me Al"
Eric is going to save the world by unplugging his toaster after every use. I mean, that reduction in electrical drain alone will probably reduce carbon emissions by a megaton. It's not manufacturing or anything...it's Eric's toaster.
He's just doing his part in making the world a better place. (and yes, I typed that with a straight face)
In case all y'all are interested, here is a calculator so you can see just what impact you have on the environment...
http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/carboncalculator/
I got a 4.3 "smaller than average" on your carbon calc!
and I do not even unplug my toaster!
I even calced high for some stuff and got a lovely 2.45. Take that non-taster-unpluggers!
Man, it sucks to blog with a happy drunk on. That was supposed to read...
"Take that non-toaster-unpluggers."
So close, and yet so far...
Holy crap! 8.4?!?!? I guess my husband unplugs his toaster so Karla can commute in her Durango...
I am 1.9 if I don't count the flights down to CA for work every other week. But when I do count them, that puts me up to 6.9.
Way to go *name of the firm that I work at that touts themselves as being all "green"* !!!
Get this: I had a couple of the contractors I work with down in California do this quiz and they scored 16.95 and 15.2!!!!!!
Post a Comment