Friday, July 07, 2006

cars, chicks and the jiffy lube guy

So I took the car in for an oil change yesterday and found that I have a love/hate relationship with Jiffy Lube. Yes, they really are jiffy which is a godsend when one is sitting in the waiting room with a 3 month old and a 5 year old, but yet again I felt as though I got screwed on some arcane car thing that "really should have been done 5,000 miles ago, ma'am." My husband reassured me that the flush and fill would have needed to be done at some point anyway but I still feel compelled to warn the Jiffy Lube guys that I am on to them and next timeI will not be such an easy mark...

4 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Don't feel bad. About a month ago I also got fucked by Jiffy Lube, and was admonished for my stupidity by both Devin AND Robert.
Apparently, the old "your radiator cap is only holding 1 lb of pressure & it needs to hold 16" is the oldest trick in the book. Just wish someone had told me.

dawn said...

Those bastards! We need to spread the word to all women (cause somehow I don't think they pull the same shit with men), reapeat after me, "oil change only, please."

Lisa said...

Yea, well, my darling husband refuses to allow me to go to Jiffy Lube. Insists on taking the cars to their respective dealers for service.

Here is our story:
2 oil changes ago, then told me that I needed about $2500 worth of work. So, last time we were going to do it. BUT, I had Matt take the car in. He told them something like, hey, don't fuck around with us. We will be bringing the car here for service regardless, so let's just fix only what needs to be done.

End result: only needed an oil change. WHAT THE FUCK?! I'm still pissed.

dawn said...

Well shit, I guess that just proves that women get fucked with no matter what mechanic they go to... I fucking hate doing car maintenance.

Did I mention the world's shittiest car wash and vacuum S and I gave the vibe last week? Up to my 5 yr old's standards if that tells you anything...