Monday, June 26, 2006
creative swearing 101 with my husband
Since we have kids, my husband and I have made the attempt not to swear in front of them. I have resorted to going old school midwest with my swearing to the tune of "Oh my stars!" or "Sugarfoot!" Not at all satisfying, but still effective. My husband has gotten far more creative and although it isn't nearly as entertaining from my sons point of view, I am very much enjoying hearing words like "pooh" come out of his mouth. His best though, is "crapitola khomeini!" That one makes me giggle every time I hear it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Karla and I have started spelling out the swear words. It is actually a little satisfying. Only problem is that they eventually learn to spell...Haven't figured out the next step yet....
I have also gone the British slang route - lazy get, bollocks - it's equally satisfying and if they repeat it, no one cares.
I'm not sure what that even means. You will have to use it in a sentence.
Lisa-
"Bollocks to that!!!" (in opposition to something)
"Oh, BOLLOCKS!!!" (similar to "FUCK!" or "Oh, DAMN!!")
"He's a lazy git" ("He's a lazy, retarded, piece-of-shit")
There are plenty more in any Irvine Welsh novel. I highly recommend picking one up.
Here's Eric's latest- monica crapinsky! It sounds stupid when you read it, but say it out loud and it's surprisingly fun...
Post a Comment