Sunday, May 02, 2010

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the disappointment!

I have a large soft spot for alcohol. Of any flavor and variety. There are a select few that I really don't care for and still, if mixed right, I drink anyway. That said, I am completetly and utterly hating on my glass of brandy.

Let me give you a little back story.

First and foremost, it's really hard to get to the liquor store where I currently live. I come from the midwest where every grocery store had every alcohol - beer, wine, hard liquor? It's all there! And! The actual liquor store had a DRIVE THRU WINDOW! Basically, if you are of age, it's incredibly easy to get alcohol till very late in the day.

Now? Here??? Where I am of age? Really, not so easy. The grocery stores only have wine and beer. The liquor store doesn't open till 11am. Then closes at 7pm. And isn't open on Sunday. And, here's the real deal breaker, if I want to go during the week when I have time, I have to bring my 4 yr old.

"Look honey, that's whiskey. Which isn't to be confused with tequila. Or the real universal mixer, vodka."

Really, 4 is just much to young to catch the finer points....

Where was I again? Oh yes, given all of that, I bought something, by accident(!!!)(Did I mention that all the alcohol is BEHIND A COUNTER? You have to ask for something by name here instead of picking low on the shelf anonymously. I asked for the brandy on sale, this is what he grabbed. I was too tired to argue.) And I don't like it. I can't begin to tell you how heartbreaking that is.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

large bottle too?

dawn said...

Thankfully, no. It was at least a small one!