For all of my talk about my husband being Al Gore, preparing us for our low energy future and going all Amish on our basement remodel, I bake the same way. Yes, I am the Amish Baker.
You see, I have no stand mixer. No food processor. I burned out my lowly hand mixer years ago. I have, brace yourself, wooden spoons. And whisks. The craziest I get is my egg beater and even that needs an overhaul. I kick it like it's 1899 in my kitchen although I do cheat and use the microwave to soften my butter. I am a bit impulsive and never leave time for the butter to come to room temp. Let me tell you, if you have no Kitchen Aid mixer, you need to start with soft butter.
I like to tell myself that it is part of my exercise routine but honestly, I am just to cheap to buy a decent mixer. I'd rather have some East German swimmer deltoids and extra alcohol than currently spend the money on an appliance of that nature. If I get lucky, maybe someday I will win one online. Cross your fingers for me but for god's sake, don't ever give me the starter for actual Amish friendship bread or I will kick your ass.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment