My mother-in-law saved pert near EVERYTHING from my husband's childhood. Here is Exhibit D. Exhibit A is the photo albums, B is the scrapbooks, C ais the clothes and D, this picture, are the toys. This is by no means the extent of the toys I have been bequeathed over the years, I am just not that lucky.
This is the portion of GI Joe toys deemed my husband's (and not to be confused with the piles for each of his brothers nor the giant pile still on my son's bedroom floor) that needs some "repairs." Which he and his son are giddily doing in the garage right now. This leads me to a little side anecdote...
When I was a kid, GI Joe was one guy. My brother had the "action figure." And since the girls outnumbered the boys in my house, GI Joe and his Tonka Jeep got to be Barbie's boyfriend and sweet ride. (ba-dum-bum) Now, my good friend MK had Barbie as well but since the boys outnumbered the girls, they bit/pulled the heads off Barbie and tossed her like a grenade at things/down the steps. Ah, siblings....
No comments:
Post a Comment