Wednesday, September 16, 2009

don't forget the sound effects!

Oh, Ikea. I love and hate you. You're so design-y. You're so euro. You're so cheap. And many times, you're just cheaply built. Though I have been burned and burned again by the cheapness of Ikea, I keep going back. Partly for the coffee but mainly for the 1 hour of free daycare for my daughter. But I digress...

The last piece of Ikea cheapness to break in my house is a towel bar. There are few things more annoying that having damp hand towel laying around - often on the floor - with 2 kids in the mix. What fascinates me is that this broken towel bar now moonlights as an airplane for my kids. They drive it around the house and it entertains them for a shocking amount of time. It was shen my daughter finally talked her brother into giving her a turn to play with it he urged her to not forget the sound effects that I realized, that really, I guess we have gotten our money's worth out of it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How does a towel bar break? I mean really. That has to be the hallmark of cheap.

dawn said...

Here it is:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40162670

The ring part pulls away from the wall and that's what the kids are using as a makeshift steering wheel. E will come up with some epoxy fix for this some day...