Sunday, March 08, 2009

what i learned at the beach house this weekend...



1. Always follow in your husband's footsteps up the steepest dune known to man. And stop to "take pictures" as frequently as possible to rest document thoroughly.
2. At the Pelican Brew Pub, you can upgrade from a 16oz to a 20oz beer for a mere 50 cents.
3. Pieces from different puzzles that are "accidently" (on purpose, **cough** thanks, 2 yr old) dumped together can be sorted more easily when turned over to compare the different coloring of the backs of the puzzles.
4. Spongebob Squarepants is on cable LITERALLY 24 HRS A DAY. (As is Road House which I just don't get. I mean, sure! It's a guilty pleasure movie, and yet, I still don't get it...)
5. Dora the Explorer, much to my daughter's chagrine, is not.
6. An 8 yr old boy will COMPLETELY IGNORE his father pounding on a locked, oustide door when Mythbusters is on the television.
7. I -and my family - enjoy doing puzzles. But not trippy colored, ugly ones. Damn you, clearance puzzle!
8. Sobriety is wasted on the beach house.

No comments: