Ah, it's that time of year. The daffodils. The crocuses. The taxes.
Amazingly enough, paying someone else to do our taxes is something my husband has always approved of. Yes, Mr. Cheap pays to have his taxes done. Every year. God bless him. I don't think we have done our own taxes as a couple EVER. And I firmly believe that it is part of the reason we are going on 15 years (yup, years) of marriage. Nothing is a relationship killer like fighting over government language relating to income.
And for the 2nd year running, I had everything I needed at my tax appointment. No running back to the house for something. No having to make last minute contributions to anything. Just done. Damn that felt good. I smell refund!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love tax time. Our tax preparer always tells us we have too much tax taken out because our refund is so big. But to us, our refund is a savings plan for people with no sense of self control.
Few things irk my husband more than getting a big tax return. I'm with you, though. Nice to have something to throw in the retirement fund that I don't have to take away from a new appliance...
What the hell is a tax return? Have not gotten one in years! Bummer!I do remember the days though!
K - you do not ever get a return? We usually do, and every year we talk all big about how we really shouldn't do it-giving the gov't a free loan-blah-blah-blah. Then there was the year we had to pay $5000.
The first year we were married, we had to PAY like, 3K. So we said fuck that, and changed our witholding. Last year (first tax return after buying our 1st house) we got over 8K back. That was awesome, even if it was our money to begin with.
Post a Comment