Monday, August 06, 2007

we aren't heading to Wally World...

But it still feels like I am pulling a Clark Griswald getting ready for the family vacation.

I have found that having too much time to prepare is just a fatal as having not enough. I start contemplating things like "Should I pack Charlotte's special robe towel?" and "How many changes of clothes can I get away with before my husband calls me on it?" when I should probably be more concerned with taking as little as possible and checking in online for my flight.

Last year I had not only far too much time and far too little sleep but also a newborn. Which means I packed FAR too much crap. I hadn't fed Charlotte a bottle since she was a week old and yet there I was packing bottles and formula "just in case." And really, that phrase right there spells my doom every time when it comes to packing. I really need my own digital thermometer along, just in case. I really should pack a few extra onesies and undies, just in case. Maybe every stuffed animal in the crib should go, you guessed it, JUST IN CASE. In situations like this I invoke my husband's famous line, It's a curse to care.

I'm off to pack.

No comments: