Well, it's my last night in the midwest and we are forecast to get a whopper of a storm - there is a tornado watch and everything. I have absolutely relished the hot and humid weather here that I no longer get in the Pacific Northwest. To truly illustrate the lovely weather here in Iowa, here is what weather.com had to say:
82 degrees
84% relative humidity
dew point 77 degrees
feels like 91 degrees
I am off to get a beer and enjoy the lightening storm...
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
The next morning I woke up to do the daily 2 mile walk with my parents and it was 72 degrees with 94% humidity at 6:45am. And I loved every step...
weirdo.
Yeah, well, call me crazy for not wanting to wear long sleeves in the mornings during summer...
you really cannot beat a morning when you wake up and it is 74 and feels like 80. Or running in 90 degree heat, 90 percent humidity and feels like 100 degrees. you just sweat standing there let a lone running 2 miles. I love it!
I guess I'm the weirdo. My favorite seasons are (in order): Autumn, Winter, Summer, Spring. The reason I hate spring more than summer is because growing up in Wisconsin & Nodak, spring meant one thing: everything was mushy from the snowmelt (if you stupidly sat on the grass you got wet),and a fine layer of gritty brown dirt covered everything. The dirt was from the sanding trucks that regularly spread the stuff all winter long. It would get mashed down into striated layers of snow/dirt/snow/dirt until you had a self-insulating, dirt-encrusted ice shelf that took forever to melt, and left a wonderful gritty coating on the roads, sidewalks, and mow strips. Lovely.
More weirdness: I love cold, crisp days. I love wearing sweaters, and the smell of winter in the air on a late fall morning. I love snow; I love how it makes everything surreal, quiet, and gorgeous, transforming even Minot into a Currier and Ives scene. For summers, my ideal temp is 70 degrees at midday, with less than 30 percent humidity. Colder if I'm planning on hiking, running, or playing sports.
Ok, I have to admit that I love to wear sweaters too and Fall comes in 2nd for favorite season after summer. But still. Bring on the heat!
Post a Comment